Saturday, June 16, 2012

Check It Out!

I didn't get to go to the quilt show in Cincinnati, but my friends shopped for me. Here is the purchase I think I'm most excited about.
I gave my friends a list of items I wanted and asked them if they'd mind picking them up for me. They graciously said they would (and they felt very sorry for me since I couldn't go). Upon delivering my items, they said shopping with someone elese's money was really fun. Anyway...included in that list were these items--silk sari strips to use in a series of pieces I'm doing and sari yarn to play with. One of my fellow artists on the And Then We Set It On Fire blog, Beth Berman, mentioned that she loved using sari yarn. After I saw the yarn on her blog (Sew Sew Art), I knew right away that I had to have some. I LOVE the colors and can't wait to incorporate this yarn into some of my pieces. They picked up some other things for me, and I'll share those later on.

The other thing I'd like you to check out is the technique of the month on the And Then We Set It On Fire blog. Kathy Loomis is the guest artist on the blog this month. She has a great tutorial on piecing VERY narrow strips into your fabric. She also has included some examples of her work. (It's worth taking a look at these even if you aren't interested in trying the technique.) Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: